Worship & Christian Education
Worship, socialize and learn with us
- Sunday Worship: 9:00 a.m. in the sanctuary. Our traditional service features scripture readings, thought-provoking sermons and special music from our adult choir, pianist and guest musicians from Luther College. Large print hymnals and hearing amplification systems are available from the ushers.
- Children are welcome at our worship service, which includes a children’s story time by the pastor. Ask an usher for a children’s activity bag. An unattended nursery is available during the worship service.
- Communion is offered on the first Sunday of each month. We believe that everyone should be welcomed at the Table. You don’t have to be a member of our congregation or a United Methodist. You just need to want to be closer to God! So, when we invite the congregation to come forward to receive communion, we mean you!
- Coffee Fellowship time: 10 a.m. in the lower level Fellowship Hall. Enjoy coffee and treats while getting to know others in our welcoming congregation.
- Christian Education classes are held Sundays from 10:30-11:30 a.m. for preschool through eighth grade children. The kids gather to sing together and then break up into three age groups: preschool to third grade, fourth and fifth grades and sixth through eighth grades. Adult forums are periodically offered at 10:30 a.m. Classes are held in the Education Wing.
Music is a vital part of worship at FUMC. Congregational singing, a worship tradition dating back to John Wesley, founder of the Methodist Church, brings the congregation together in one voice. Our pianist/accompianist is Nathan Eck, a Luther College music student.
The Adult Choir adds beautiful and inspirational music to worship services from September through May, singing a blended repertoire that includes modern, progressive composers such as Bryan Sirchio and Richard Bruxvoort-Colligan. The choir is directed by Dr. Amy Englesdorfer, an assistant professor of music at Luther College. The choir rehearses Wednesdays from 7:30-8:30 p.m. If you’re interested in singing with us, contact Amy.